3.31.2006

disturbances.

last night about 12am i heard some shouting in my neighborhood which is usually quiet and peaceful. i walked to the bottom of my driveway and saw 3 people. a man was threatening to kill this other man because he supposely slept with the wife. there was some pushing and then the husband pushed his wife down and i dialed 911. the police patroled the the street and then about 15 minutes later they booked it through my neighborhood with sirens and everything. i hope everything worked out ok.

now my asshole of a landlord is putting in blinds in my apartment and in the meanwhile he is looking through our cabinets and drawers for a knife and then using my windex. when i asked him if the windex was his he stopped and said no and then i told hime how rude it was for him to go through my things. he tried in a lame-ass way to justify it but i squashed it. i think its rude for people to just go through another person's things. am i wrong??

i don't get people who have no manners or common descency.

1 comment:

Mary Jessica said...

Good grief! Reminds me of the time when we lived in our last house (the one you stayed in) and we were woken by sirens and flashing lights. Seemed as though some doofus on the run had chosen our driveway as a good place to stumble around while the cops closed in. Robert and I peered inconspicuously through the blinds, ha!

And then there was the place before THAT, which was truly the scariest and unsafest place ever, where sirens careening down (our tiny and dead-end, mind you) street, and cops shined huge spotlights in our front yard to see if their targets were hiding in the bushes (deeeelightful!), and gang grafitti was on every corner.

Ah, crime. Anyhoo, smoochies. xoxo MJ