4.22.2006

str8 friends, gay woman.


i have somewhat of a dilemna. all of my friends are str8 and i'm gay. now its not like i don't love, appreciate and like my str8 friends. its just that sometimes its hard for me to wholeheartedly relate to their lives and them to mine. mostly to mine.

now with lesbians things get a bit tricky. i have a small few that live mostly on the mainland (that's the NorthAmerican continent to the rest of you) scattered about. but basically none here in HI. perhaps what i crave the most is jus
t contact and the easiness of talking and relating to a fellow lesbian. where is everyone?? i know that there are some here in Maui. but they are scattered about as well and dramatic. ask about Pride 2004 for details. still it isn't easy when i need occasional reassurance to be proud of who i am.

i am proud in my own gayness. i just wish to not feel so alone nor the only gay woman i know.

3 comments:

dykotomy said...

you're not alone - there's a whole whack of us out here in webworld!

try volunteering for women's events and such - i bet you'll find some there.

Marina said...

i know how you feel.
since i was young, i've been in a mix-school (boys and girls) and almost 100% of my friend since then are straight.
when i was younger, when i first realise that i'm gay, i kept quiet. how could i tell them about my queerness. how can they even understand. i was so closeted. till now, even though ive made a few gay lady friends who are in my current school and i'm really grateful to meet them, i still feel kind of closeted because i still have that 90% of straight friends who dont really understand me or still in denial that i'm gay.

i feel yet alone sometimes.

*hugs*

Anonymous said...

I felt like that once and ended up starting an online organization in my state. 3 years later I'm pretty sure I knew every lesbian there was to know in Michigan. Then one day I realized that friends are friends and love is love no matter who you're talking about it with.

I do understand your feeling alone. But take it from someone whose been there. Be with people who love and care about you. Don't be afraid to talk about your feelings with your straight friends. Surround yourself with good people, no matter whom they sleep with, and you will be just fine. I promise.