11.26.2005

life and holidays.

on wednesday, i got to ride my bike home in the warm rain of a rainy day. i was very happy cos i LOVE the rain. on thursday, i had to work with people who didn't grasp the concept of organization and thus the holiday was turned to a food frenzy and i was going to lose my mind. then as i arrived home, sweaty and tired, i ate a bit of ham only because i was a little turkied out. i called my parents who were entertaining some friends and they seemed a bit too busy to talk. it kinda broke my heart cos i miss them very much during the holidays. then i read a book on Victorian Entertaining while everyone played cards. friday, my old boss N. popped by when i was overly exhausted and a bit irritable. i tried avoiding her but she came over and said some words to me and i said some small words back to her. it made me upset so i treated myself and a coworker to a coffee. and i went home to a great 4-5 hour long conversation. saturday, today, i worked and cleaned out the freezer and cooler at work. i feel really great about accomplishing my work. i rode home, again, rain soaked but feeling great. the wind was warm but the rain was refreshingly cool. i sat down and watched the UK Music Hall of Fame and ate yummy leftovers. all in all, a great close to a day and almost of a work week. does it make sense to be vegan and work in a deli??

1 comment:

Mary Jessica said...

hi sweet pea! It doesn't make a whit of sense for a vegan to work in a deli - to me, at least. Do you have a vegan co-worker? I can't imagine a more annoying thing - the self-righteous type of vegan who works surrounded by meat and complains about it all day! And I'm a vegan! Tell him/her to go work in a gas station and shut up. (you can tell her a fellow vegan who doesn't even know him/her! I bet that will REALLY make her happy!) Miss you! xoxo MJ